PDA

View Full Version : East Carson in Nevada/Trout Creek Ca.

Red Perception
08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Did some mid-day nymphing at the EC south of Gardnerville today. C&R around 10 planter Bows, 2 small wild Browns and the highlight was a 14" wild Bow that had beautiful colors and a crisp pointy square tail! Was throwing a double nymph rig with a sz12 bh rubberlegs on lead and a sz18 birdsnest as the drop. At first all they wanted was the smaller fly then they started hitting the big one. Missed a bunch of grabs and had a few come off after a short hookup. Luckily some of the smaller ones spazzed off righ at my feet, gotta love that hook fly'n back at ya from 10 feet away:eek: Nice day on the water. Also got up to Trout Creek in SLT this evening and C&R 7 small Bows and 1 Brown all on sz14 DHC and sz14 adams. The small Brown destroyed the DHC. Good luck, Eric:)

Red Perception
08-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah, woo hoo, whatever:-$:ninja: :D:mrgreen::grin:

Darian
08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
It's summer time. The BB community is busy fishin', not readin'.... Be patient. :D

agentphil
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the OP, Eric.

Hit the EC last saturday. Started just downstream from Hangmans and worked my way downstream maybe a mile and a half or so. Fished from 7a-11. Not many people and not many fish either. C&R'd a grand total of....TWO! First one took a yellow stimulator as I worked some pocket water. The second came on a black woolly bugger being retrieved through a deeper pool. Water level is dropping but still very fishable. Always good to get out.

Phil

Red Perception
08-10-2010, 10:43 PM
It's summer time. The BB community is busy fishin', not readin'.... Be patient. :D I will brother:fish: We fished upstream of Hangmans that same day but in the eve near Wolf creek. About the same results only 2 on a sz14 caddis, both were planters. Good luck, Eric:mrgreen::ninja:

Darian
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
you seem to be catchin' more fish than all of us. =D> I gotta figure out what you've been doin'.... :cool:

Red Perception
08-11-2010, 07:39 AM
you seem to be catchin' more fish than all of us. =D> I gotta figure out what you've been doin'.... :cool: Unfortunately not a lot of work, I have been pretty much unemployed for the past 2 years and been extremely fortunate to have some side work here and there and a wife that works. Still haven't lost our house even though we owe more than it is worth, (knock on wood) Luckily we live in the epicenter of great fishing for the Sierra, and within 30 minutes you can find peace and solitude near some moving water and forget about all those worries. The numbers on the small creeks are fairly normal as they will hammer any dry that looks like a bug, and that is where/how I learned to fly fish. The EC that day was a surprise for me. That section in Nv. is a put and take fishery where they stock Bows and Browns, so finding a nice wild is always a bonus. Agentphil, sorry that was a week ago Sat. this past Sat. I biked up to Marlette Lake and managed a 12" Brookie and a 10" Cutty throwing a 3/8oz gold kastmaster on the SE point. I am a fishing addict and hope I don't offend too many people with the amount of time I spend on the water.(if you have a job be thankful) Just like I said in my intro post on the gen. fly board, this is who I am and this is what I do. Thanks again guys and good luck, Eric:mrgreen::ninja:

michaeln
08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey, I understand, Eric.

I have been very depressed since getting laid off 4 months ago and have used lots of fishing time as an alternative to drugs or booze to escape. It works while I'm out there, but the depression descends upon me when I get back home to San Francisco.

I still do enjoy reading fishing reports by others, though!

Darian
08-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Guess we sometimes forget. Not everything is rosy for a lot of us now days....
:-|

Good luck to both of you in the job search. Things have got to get better soon. :)

jjjewett
08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I am a fishing addict and hope I don't offend too many people with the amount of time I spend on the water.(if you have a job be thankful) Just like I said in my intro post on the gen. fly board, this is who I am and this is what I do. Thanks again guys and good luck, Eric:mrgreen::ninja:

Just stop killing big browns from the upper truckee