PDA

View Full Version : Guess I got taken for the proverbial ride.

Jay
08-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Had a member here (SteveP) offer to tie me up some flies in june. He said he got my MO on Jun 29th. After several weeks and several unreturned PM's, i havent heard anything or received my flies. It was only $15 so I'm not gonna sweat it too much. Just thought that I should throw it out there, remind everyone to think about internet deals.

Lame.

Paul B.
08-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Thank you, Good idea to post. Maybe save someone some $$ down the road. Most deals I've made on this and two other FFing boards over the years have ended well. Paul

Jay
08-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah, between ebay and various forums ive had hundreds of deals online. There have only been a few bad ones, it happens, but forums dont have the safeguards that ebay has and ive never had a problem when using paypal. This might be the thing that makes me go paypal only.

Jgoding
08-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Sorry if you got burned! Sometimes though people seem to drop off because life stuff happens so maybe he didn't mean to stiff you but it would be nice to get a response. I've heard similar stories and sometimes it could be an excuse but usually they had pretty good reasons to put business stuff on hold. Just throwing that out there.

Darian
08-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Jay,.... Depending on how you paid (check or USPO money order, etc.), you could check to see if the instrument was cashed. If it hasn't been cashed, maybe Jeff is correct.... :confused: I'd really like to think that members of this BB wouldn't deliberately stiff anyone here.... :neutral:

Scott V
08-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I had a guy sign up for a fly swap that suddenly disappeared with no word. It turned out he was called up to duty and had to leave the country, so it might be one of those type of situations. Which in my books is a totally excusable reason. Hope for the good.

searuns9
08-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Jay,

Let me know what flies you would like. I'm not the greatest tyer but the price is right. I'll send them to you for free. Flies would be tied on Tiemco hooks. I would hope the guy had a legit excuse like mentioned before, but still, you need some flies!

Shoot me a PM

Matt

Jay
08-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I realize stuff can come up. We arent talking about hundreds of dollars either. But I have never left someone hanging for a month. Its just not cool, regardless. Seems like a nice guy, we'll see what happens.

Todd
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
There is no good reason to stiff someone, or not do what you say you were going to do!

Rich Morrison
08-04-2010, 06:00 PM
There is no good reason to stiff someone, or not do what you say you were going to do!

Like folks have said - some times stuff comes up. But you should always let the other guy know what happened or why and get thier money back to them if you can. Accoutability has a spectrum.