PDA

View Full Version : Silver Creek, Idaho

jstuart
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
I am headed out to Silver in early August, has anyone been there yet this season? I'd like to get some firsthand info on the trico hatch and see how it's going.

Tight lines!

Jeff

Kevin Goding
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
What section of the river are you planning on fishing? I just fished two access points north of the trophy section. The flows are a tad high right now, but should be perfect by the time you come around. There were tons of hoppers and damselflies, caught a mixture of browns and rainbows. The fish were spooky as hell, as the water is extremely clear. The slower stretches were pretty weedy too, the river seems to have filled in somewhat at that section with fine debris. Anyway, if you have some specific questions ask away.

jstuart
07-31-2010, 02:38 PM
We're usually fish in the conservancy in the AM for the Trico hatch. I havent fished too far above the sign in and float tube down from below as well. Did you float?

Thanks!

Kevin Goding
08-06-2010, 07:40 PM
No, I wade as I'm traveling for work, wet wade at that. Yeah, wading the area down there is hard since access is limited by the willows and such and its pretty deep in a lot of places. I stopped by and took a look there, looks like the fishing should be good. The habitat is prime for the tricos anyway. Upstream its more riffle/runny and pretty easy to wade as long as you pay attn and dont step into a big rock crevice or something.