PDA

View Full Version : McCoy Flat Reservoir

michaeln
07-22-2010, 05:27 AM
I was googling and using google maps to try to find out if there are any campgrounds close to McCoy Flat Reservoir. Didn't find any at the lake, and not many very close to it.

Anyone here know the camping situation there? Also, anyone know the water level currently?

gene goss
07-22-2010, 04:18 PM
There is no campgrounds there...but...I have seen people camping on the south end of the lake....down by the dam.

michaeln
07-22-2010, 04:30 PM
There is no campgrounds there...but...I have seen people camping on the south end of the lake....down by the dam.

OK, thanks. I can handle that kind of camping, I'll bring my own water. Are there outhouses, or is it a dig your own latrine kinda place?

I like to camp at the lake when I fish a lake because when I finish fishing the first day it's nice to just put the 'toon on top of the car and take it back to camp, so I don't have to break it down and set it back up in the morning

gene goss
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
OK, thanks. I can handle that kind of camping, I'll bring my own water. Are there outhouses, or is it a dig your own latrine kinda place?

I like to camp at the lake when I fish a lake because when I finish fishing the first day it's nice to just put the 'toon on top of the car and take it back to camp, so I don't have to break it down and set it back up in the morning

I can't remember about the latrine....so bring your shovel....also this lake is not very deep, it usually takes a couple of wet years in a row to produce some very large trout....on a bad year the lake will be bone dry.

michaeln
07-25-2010, 07:08 AM
I can't remember about the latrine....so bring your shovel....also this lake is not very deep, it usually takes a couple of wet years in a row to produce some very large trout....on a bad year the lake will be bone dry.

Thanks, I had read the same thing in Bill Sunderland's book. That's why I was asking if anyone knew the water level.