PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Flat

Mike O
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
I have a friend going up to Scott's Flat Lake this weekend. He is new to FFing, and asked me for some flies. I have no idea, never having been there.

Anyone have a report or ideas of flies to use up there? I am going to send him some buggers and a few slumpbusters in olive and orange. He will be fishing from a kayak, shore, and boat, so I talked with him about trolling.

Thanks, and sorry for the last minuted-ness

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I would say Clousers and Buggers too.

Maybe get up real early and fish till noon along the shore or where the river comes in?

Evening might be good too.

Mid-day go swimming, water skiing and bungee jumping......

Scott V
07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Is that the Scott's lake up by highway 89? If so I would like a report, I was planning on hiking in to there soon.

michaeln
07-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Is that the Scott's lake up by highway 89? If so I would like a report, I was planning on hiking in to there soon.

Are you thinking of Scotts Lake, off of highway 88 just south of the 88/89 intersection? There is a Forest Service road (079A) that goes in there so you can drive there instead of hiking.

Scotts Flat Lake is near Nevada City.

http://www.scottsflatlake.net/

Mike O
07-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks, guys and keep it comin'!! I passed him this link.

I tied him some flies as I said, then experimented and came up with a couple of Crawdad imitations as well, when I saw that the lake had smallies.

To be honest, I really like the way the 'dads came out.