PDA

View Full Version : Isla Cerralvo - La Paz Report

Tony Buzolich
07-16-2010, 05:08 PM
The weather has warmed and so has the fishing. My group has been here for three days now and we´ve all taken rooster fish up to 40plus pounds with lots in the twenty plus range. Also, dorado are here with several being taken dailyand the same with the yellowfin tuna. Nothing has been really red-hot but we´re all getting fish.

Bait is still tough to get with a long boat ridearound the outside of Cerralvo. The oldest member of the group is 79 years young Jim Fujii aLONG WITH his two sons today took the first large TORO OF THE TRIP PUSHING 30 pounds. What a fight for him but he got it in.

This Mexican keyboard is tough to work so bear with me.

Jim May got tangled with a needlfish today which quickly got eaten by a following marlin. No hookup for Jim but a fun tug while it lasted.

If any of you are coming down with Jay in October, the water ought to be in prime temperature by then and so should the fishing.

More reports tomarrow and pictures when I get home,
TONY

Darian
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
WOW!!! Maybe I should be tying up some Needlefish flies. Can you imagine trying to cast a 3' fly.... :?: :lol: :lol: Good to hear the Dorado are there and you're still getting some grande Pez Gallo.... =D> Looking forward to tomorrows report.... :D :D

jbird
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Good stuff tony. This is pretty late for big roooo's. Thats awesome!

Jay Murakoshi
07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Tony,

Thanks for the report. I can't wait to battle the BIG yellow fins in October along with the dorado and hopefully a few marlin. I gotta find the time to sit down and tie. Last year there were some "brutes" in the yellow fin catagory, too which I didn't want to play the game. I was using the TFO Mini Mag rod. The first YFT I hooked into was around 35lbs and the Mini Mag was like a 4 wt rod. No stopping the fish and into the fleet it went. Of course, everyone else was tangled up so no problem. It hit my Hula Girl, which shocked the heck out of me and broke off. So some where out there is a fire tiger hula girl popper.
Oh yeah, did I mention that the fish were right out front of the old Las Arenas hotel, maybe 200 yards. Darian and Renee were into the fish.. Or maybe was it Renee :-).

Anyway, I still have 4 spaces left for the October trip. Price of the trip is $1,400.00 - $300.00 less than the regular trip. Why? It's a slower time of the year and I want to keep my captains busy.

Interested? Email me for more information or go to my web site www.fliesunlimited.com and click on the link October Trip

Hope to see some photo's soon

Jay