PDA

View Full Version : CFFU had a good outting at Davis Lake, CA

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Davis Lake report 7/10/2010

The weather held off for us and gave a hearty band of CFFU fishermen and ladies a break, it was a lovely morning on Davis Lake. The fish were biting and some of the more talented fishermen took advantage of this.Russ Heckley was at his best, 20 fish by noon and 5 more, hampered only by his desire to save one of his rods from the Davis Lake weed beds. In reaching to retrieve his rod his float-tube flipped and he went into the lake. He saved his rod and hung onto the float-tube as he kicked back to shore.

Some of us came up early in hopes of figuring out the flies and best method for catching some of these elusive fish. Russ found the renegade worked great and I found the Fox pupa did well in the mornings. Another good fly was a black rubber leg nymph in size 10 or 12. This one was one of Dell's success stories.

We had 6 trailers at the RV park in Beckwourth which led to some wonderful friendships and some great Bar-B-Qs. This turned out to be one of highlights of the trip. Food , food and more food plus lots of beer and wine. Everyone at the park and those who came from the camp grounds and the motels in town just had a great time.

Joe Puglisi was talking to the owner of the RV park and found out that he supplied info to Bob Sims for the area and info for theThursday fishing roundup in the Bee. He took the name of our club and was going to give us a plug, so read the paper and listen to Bob's show.

It was really an enjoyable outing and most if not all had a great time, just ask Bob Effa next time you see him, Mr fisherman.

The following are some of the hearty fishermen and ladies that did battle with the elusive fish of Davis Lake.

Dell Clark, Bill Felts,Andy Penn, Russ Heckley, Joe Puglisi, Erick Blihovde, Bob Effa, Beth Ison, John Coldiron, Earlene Coldiron, Bill Siska, Val Dun, Ron Adams all the wonderful wifes who came alone and made this great outing even more enjoyable.

If and feel as though I did leave someone out, I do apologise !!!!!

Jack