PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Bay Area fishing partners

schurmo
07-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey guys. I believe I have posted this before, and I am sorry if it's white noise. I am trying to find some people from the Bay Area that love to fly fish and are looking for some people to join them or plan trips with. I have met a couple people through here, but have lost contact with them, so I thought I would check here again. Just so you know, I am youngish...33...I don't have the pleasure of owning a drift boat, I am not guide worthy and can't magically make you a better fisherman, if you rub my head, it won't increase your chances of catching that huge brown that's been eluding you, I am not great at fly fishing but I am not terrible. What can I do? I can offer money to offset gas to and from a river. I love camping and have no problems hiking up to 14+ miles a day. I love to fly fish! I have a car to drive to rivers. I have no problem driving 15 hours in a day. I am pretty easy going and laid back. And if you out fish me, I won't throw a tantrum on the river.

I write this because I had a scary incident on the Feather river where I almost drowned fishing solo, so I am just looking for some people to share the enjoyment of this sport with and keep safe! I am in the west San Jose area. If you are looking to add one to your group, hit me up...otherwise, if you want to just walk by, point and laugh...I am cool with that.

Thanks for reading!

Schurmo

Jaybinder
07-08-2010, 09:56 AM
PM sent.

Jason

scozach
07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey Schurmo, I live in Pleasanton, I am also 33, it sounds like we are of the same skill level. I do a couple of solo trips to the redding area every year. I am married with one and one on the way, so time and cash is usually tight, requiring an early morning drive and fish till dark cheap motels/camp and another early start followed by a drive home. I sometimes hire a boat which would be nice to split that. I fish the Truckee, trinity, Sac, Feather E.F. carson and the Stan. Hit me up..Scozack@yahoo.com

rylcrawford
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
scozach and schurmo, i'm in the same boat. Married, live in Walnut Creek area and fairly busy but try to get out as much as possible to all the rivers scozach mentioned. I'm down to head out with you all sometime, let me know! rylcrawf@yahoo.com

DFrink
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I thouhgt I was the only one who was in his early 30's, married with a baby and not exactly a "verteran" of fly fishing. If you guys are ever in my area (Colfax, near Auburn) give send a PM and I would love to fish with you. I fish the lower Yuba (actually not a lot in the last 6 months), and (mostly) smaller streams on the western Sierra. I am getting into the whole lake thing this year too. I'm on the board regularly steeling knowledge from some of the veterans so send a PM, advanced notice is prefereable so I can make arrangements with the wife.

schurmo
07-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I am in the same boat as many of you...I have a wife and 3 kiddos, love to get out, but time and money are tight. I am open to any kind of trip...and am hoping for some action on the San Lorenzo this winter. I am more than happy to hike/backpack to a location. If you guys have any thoughts on trips any time soon, drop me a line: schurmo@gmail.com. Right now, I am looking at spending some time around the Tahoe area at the end of September with my family, but hoping to get out for a day or two to the rivers in the area (which I hear is going to be a great time to be fishing around there). I have also been thinking about some trips to golden trout wilderness, backpacking along the Toulume river in Yosemite, or hitting the desolation wilderness. Thanks again for the responses guys!

michaeln
07-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm old and generally fairly unpleasant, so I prefer to fish alone. :D

joshfish
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
if you guys are ever in the redding area send me a message and maybe we can get together and fish. not the best at flyfishing but always down to go if i can get away.

Chris Gearhart
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey fellas, I am a little older (48) ,my baby girl is a senior in college, and I get out several times a month. I do have a drift boat and 2-3 man pontoon boat. I fish the Sac,Feather,American,Yuba,Stan,Moke,Merced,etc. I am always looking for guys to fish with.
Chris