PDA

View Full Version : Chubby Checker fly line...

lineas tenso
06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
I just returned from the Florida Keys chasing silver. For this trip I purchased a Cortland PE + Crystal WF 12 F clear floating fly line. After three days I had to replace this line with a regular 3M floater.:( In spite of my attempts to get the line untwisted it kept up the dance.:cry: I used several methods to fight the twist including the one that comes packaged with RIO lines. No good and I missed many shots at tarpon when the knotted line hit the first stripping guide thereby killing the cast and leaving me short of the fish.:mad: I was using a bucket with just enough water to keep the line cooler than the air temperature.

Is it my casting stroke or have others had this line do the twist? :confused:

Darian
06-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Haven't heard of this before. Lines usually twist when trolled but not right out of the box. It sounds like a defect in packaging or manufacture. Cortland should replace the line with one of equal value or your choice. :nod:

Dan L
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
When using a PE+ line don't try to keep it cool, the warmer the better.

Icastnblast
06-30-2010, 04:29 PM
My cortland 444 Camo Intermediate binds up a bunch aswell, it seems to be the setion that I haul on. the first thirty or forty feet are fine after a few casts. needs to be done to fix this, Im ready to get rid of it and get the Rio intermidiate.