PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Wednesday June 30th

JohnS
06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Just got back from there. Fishing was decent....caught 10 and another FFer did better than that. Take some midges, olive and brown wooly buggers and what I used, Sheep's Creek special.

Good luck
JohnS

michaeln
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the report, John!

BTW, doncha think it's cool how I was able to make my post in the future? The first post of this thread was at 8:52PM (tonight), about 12 hours after I actually posted it.

Since I seem to be in the future, off to the stock boards!

michaeln
06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
I am tentatively planning a day trip to Fuller Lake next Wednesday, June 30th. I will likely arrive around dawn and fish all day. If anyone wants to join me I'd love to meet you up there. I'll be bringing my NFO Outlaw Rampage 'toon, this is what I look like on the water in it (taken by a friend at Lake Davis):

http://michaelnel.smugmug.com/Boats/2010-03-06-outlaw-details/Mike/913061504_UX3tf-O.jpg

michaeln
06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, no interest from anyone, but I am leaving SF super early tomorrow morning, headed for Fuller for my first visit. I'll report back when I return.

Hibbygibi
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, how was it?

SHigSpeed
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Was out there today and saw some guys in NFO boats (one red and one blue) but I wasn't sure if it was you or not. Turns out you have the big one, these guys has the smaller XSomethingerother ones. Look REALLY nice with oars and such, but I'd guess wind would blow you around more than in an SFC. Oars would be nice though...

Got only 9 but it was late by the time I found the fish and figured out the presentation.

They've turned off the flow so the water was 67-69 degrees! Crazy since it was at 49 just a week or so ago.

_SHig

michaeln
07-02-2010, 05:02 AM
Well, how was it?

It was OK. It's a pretty place. I caught a few rainbows and a couple browns, all small (10-12"), no fight on a 5wt rod. The lake is so small that it doesn't take too many boats on the water to make it feel crowded though.

I think perhaps that if I lived in Rocklin or Sacramento I might visit the place more often, but it's a heck of a long drive from San Francisco for "so-so" fishing for dinky trout. My feeling is that if I am going to drive that many hours I might as well go to Baum Lake or Frenchman's instead.

michaeln
07-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Was out there today and saw some guys in NFO boats (one red and one blue) but I wasn't sure if it was you or not.

No, I was there Wednesday.

Turns out you have the big one, these guys has the smaller XSomethingerother ones.

Outlaw X5, maybe? If so, they are the same size as my boat (10 1/2 feet), but have a frame where mine doesn't.

Look REALLY nice with oars and such, but I'd guess wind would blow you around more than in an SFC. Oars would be nice though...

Yes, the wind does move me around more than when I had my Fat Cat, but not as bad as with a framed pontoon boat like the ones you saw. The frameless one like mine puts you much closer to the water, reducing the sail effect quite a bit.

They've turned off the flow so the water was 67-69 degrees! Crazy since it was at 49 just a week or so ago.

It was up to 70-72 in the late afternoon (I fished from 8AM to about 6PM) according to the temp reading in my Humminbird 140C on Wednesday. I measured 68-69 degrees early in the morning.

SHigSpeed
07-02-2010, 06:20 AM
I agree with you about driving from SF for dinky trout. It is my go-to lake for a quickie guaranteed tug though. AND it has the not-uncommon 30-75-135 ;) days if you time it right.

Add to that the chance of getting a 20"-24" brown. I saw one of those monsters yesterday swim under my tube and about died!

BTW, it was an Outlaw Escape. It's starting to grow on me. BUT, for $1000?

_SHig

michaeln
07-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Add to that the chance of getting a 20"-24" brown. I saw one of those monsters yesterday swim under my tube and about died!

Yes, I saw a large one surrounded by a school of smaller browns (caught a couple of the smaller ones) on the west side, where all those fallen trees are submerged just north of the cabin that is next to the southern parking area.

it was an Outlaw Escape. It's starting to grow on me. BUT, for $1000?

$699, not $1000.

http://northforkoutdoors.com/2010showseasonspecials/2010showseasonspecials.html

Also, check the capabilities. This ain't no SFC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqi9uYhr1lU