PDA

View Full Version : How freaking awesome was this years rain

OceanSunfish
06-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Indeed, very nice rainfall and snowpack in the watershed this year combined with moderate temps that allowed for a pleasant steady runoff and collection.... Fall fishing will be fanstastic later this year!

I would gladly accept this spring and start to summer, weather wise, each and every year, but I'm afraid that if this were the norm...... I would see an increase in the people population, at least where I reside, by some 2-3 million more people, not to mention that I will have to wait an extra few more weeks for my tomoto to ripen..... <grin>

Scott V
06-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Lakes and ponds have way more water than previous years at this time. Our smaller mountain creeks are not ready to be fished due to higher run off. Lots of snow still on the mountains and who knows when Mormon Immigrant road will open. I was at Cameron Park last night and the lake was full to the brim.

I love all this rain and wish and pray that it continues into the following years.

Oh yeah and it is raining right now at the end of June. I guess all my rain dances finally payed off, good thing too the neighbors were starting to worry about me dancing around in my backyard.

BillB
06-25-2010, 08:44 PM
What a blessing! I was on a Kaweah lake yesterday which I have fished on and off since the 70's. I have never seen the lake so full. It was beautiful. At the end of fishing we took a ride to the mouth of the lake to look at the still snow capped mountains of Sequoia. On our way we motored by a stand of Eucalyptus barely poking out of the water. Bet those trees are surprised.