PDA

View Full Version : Wrights Lake

charles
06-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Heading up to wrights lake with family today. Anybody around say hey. I'll be the black guy fly fishing ; > ).

Charles

Phil Synhorst
06-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I hope you make it in Charles. I took the family for a Sierra ride two weekends ago, and the road to Wrights was still closed do to snow.

Great for the water shed, but bad for early summer family fun.

SHigSpeed
06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
You KNOW I love that lake...

No published plants yet this year, but there are always some lurkers in there.

Post pics when you get back! :)

_SHig

pgw
06-25-2010, 07:28 PM
...take a quick walk over to Dark Lake too,...try the inlet at the far end.

Paul

SHigSpeed
06-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Take DEET, citronella, or napalm if you go to Dark!

_SHig

charles
06-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Never made it to Wrights. Got past the stream about two miles from the lake with snow drifts on the ground and on the side of the road. Then hit a drift that went all the way across the road. IN LATE JUNE! I wanted to fish Wrights so bad. It is my favorite lake to fly fish.
We headed down to sly park for turned out to be a beautiful day despite the rain driving up. I casted and trolled around chimney for a few small panfish. Then fished the far cove and got three planter from shore with a flying ant. Well I hooked them and my girls brought them in. I was disappointed but my girls had a blast swimming, and hiking to the waterfall, and which the would be able to do a wrights with all the snow still around. Didn't fish Wrights but it was still an good day with the family.

Charles

michaeln
06-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Global warming, no doubt!