PDA

View Full Version : Grouse Ridge area

EricO
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Anybody tried to make it up to Grouse Ridge...Carr/Feeley lakes etc? Just wondering
if the lakes will be accessible to hike in by July 4th weekend. Hard to imagine that,
but given the snow pack....hmmm.

I know in past years, early June had plenty of snow drifts I had to walk over. I think
it could be 2nd week of July to get up there.

Thoughts?

EO

Ed Wahl
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
EO, for that elevation I'm thinking the same thing.

No one talks about Grouse Ridge on here. Not sure why. It's not secret by any means, especially in the last 10 years.
Some spectacular fisheries up there.
Ed

EricO
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi Ed.....amazing to think it could be Mid-July to get in there, huh?!

And what about various lakes over 8,000 ft? August perhaps. Heck, may have to look
into renting snowshoes.

Ya I Agree. And it sure is pretty up there.

Eric

Phil Synhorst
06-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Grouse Ridge??

There's no fish up there:ninja:, if there were it would be called Fish Ridge.

Damn, I miss that place.:)

EricO
06-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Me too!......I'm jonesin to hit some high country lakes.

Sincerely,

Jonesin' Eric:)

GeoB
06-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Tom Stienstra's column in the SF Comical on Thursday reported that someone had tried to get to Grouse Ridge last weekend. The road was blocked about 3 miles from Bowman Rd. with about 3' of snow.

g

zucco
07-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Its open from what I hear. I saw someone post on another site, he said he has a cabin there and has been there two weekends in a row. I am heading up to grouse ridge next fri. I will let you know. my buddy hiked devils peak yesterday almost no snow. He also said he got no bites at lower or upper Cascades lakes.

DFrink
07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Its open from what I hear. I saw someone post on another site, he said he has a cabin there and has been there two weekends in a row. I am heading up to grouse ridge next fri. I will let you know. my buddy hiked devils peak yesterday almost no snow. He also said he got no bites at lower or upper Cascades lakes.

Zucco,

Thanks for the report, I have been wanting to try those two lakes for a while, they are on this years list. Any idea what approach he was using? You ever fish Kidd Lake? I have been meaning to get there this spring, just haven't made it yet.

Dan

wineslob
07-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Nope, no fish in the area, it's all fished out.......:cool:

I'll be up there next weekend.