PDA

View Full Version : Making the perfect fishing sandwitch.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-24-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.deneki.com/2009/07/making-the-perfect-fishing-sandwich/

Jaybinder
06-24-2010, 10:03 AM
The best way to avoid soggy bread issues it to use a crusty sour dough or french roll. The bread may get a little soggy on the inside but the crust will usualy stay nice and crunchy. Avoid salmonilla and use good olive oil insted of mayo. It tastes much better and in the short term, might not kill you.

Jgoding
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Pretty solid advice, but I did read an article awhile ago that explained most mayo's these days do not spoil as in the past but the olive oil alternative is still healthier.

Jay
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
double layer of tortillas instead of bread

pgw
06-25-2010, 07:25 PM
P, B, & J....quick, easy, & cheap...more time for fishing, more $$$ for essentials (like tippet, floatant, hooks, & tying material).

If you need a @#$%^& tablecloth and an unpretentious little wine with your streamside lunch, then you belong on Rodeo Drive instead.

Paul

Scott V
06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
P, B, & J....quick, easy, & cheap...more time for fishing, more $$$ for essentials (like tippet, floatant, hooks, & tying material).

If you need a @#$%^& tablecloth and an unpretentious little wine with your streamside lunch, then you belong on Rodeo Drive instead.

Paul

No wine for me, I prefer a nice spiced rum or a good Irish whiskey. But a tablecloth for sure, preferably the red and white checkered kind. And yes I will make you walk back to the care if you forget the grey poupon.:p