PDA

View Full Version : Union Valley Reservoir

gene goss
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Found some nice smallmouth and rainbows in a quiet cove....had some topwater action for smallmouth when i first got there (9am) by noon all the fish moved to deeper water. i used a intermediate line with a size 8 suspended black wiggle tail....the rainbows and the smallmouth were mix together....temp.63 degrees....and Scott it didn't stink.

DFrink
06-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Is this the Union Valley by Ice House? Didn't know they had smallies in there.

Scott V
06-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Smallies!!!! I love smallies, and that first one looked nice and fat. I assume you are feeling better Gene.

Charlie Gonzales
06-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Scotty will stink it up soon.

Gene do you ever get up there durring late fall or early spring?

gene goss
06-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Is this the Union Valley by Ice House? Didn't know they had smallies in there.

Yes...its right next to Ice House

gene goss
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Scotty will stink it up soon.

Gene do you ever get up there durring late fall or early spring?

I have never fish it in the fall charlie....SMUD dumps all the water in the fall for the next year....fishing earlier in the spring would be better....the water right now is starting to get a little to warm.

Ed Wahl
06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Gene, that first pic is a stunning smallie. Beautiful stripes. Did you catch that one on top?

Ed

Phil Synhorst
06-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Nice pics/fish, Gene. That first Smallie has a serious gut, and excellent markings.:thumbsup:

gene goss
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Gene, that first pic is a stunning smallie. Beautiful stripes. Did you catch that one on top?

Ed

Ed the first 2 strips of the suspended wiggle tail is just below the surface....so you would get a big swirl and fish on. The first 3 or 4 casts with this fly it will float....then the line and leader will drag it under....and yes that fat girl grab it on the surface.