PDA

View Full Version : Truckee River Fish Outing

IronMtn
06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
The Sac-Sierra Chapter of Trout Unlimited is hosting an fish outing on the Truckee River this Saturday, June 26th, and would like to formally invite you and guests to come participate. The outing will take place on the same day as the Truckee River clean-up, providing a great opportunity for us to not only get a chance to fish a blue ribbon trout stream, but to also support the area's local conservation groups by helping to keep one of the state's most beautiful resources clean from garbage. Although the focus for our group is a fun fish outing, I would like to advocate that participants bring a backpack or other sack to collect garbage from the banks of the river while you fish. Our support is greatly appreciated, and even a small amount of trash removed from the river can have great long-term effects.

A free streamside BBQ lunch will be provided for all participants the day of the outing. This outing is not limited to Trout Unlimited members, so please feel free to invite guests. No fishing gear will be provided.

If you would like to participate, please PM me or R.S.V.P. by June 23rd to jj.plank@sac-sierratu.org. If you have any questions please contact J.J. at jj.plank@sac-sierratu.org.

We look forward to seeing you there!

GreggH
06-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I just fished the Truckee fri, sat & sun. I couldn't believe all the garbage up and down the river. I guess the highway being so close leaves the river vulnerable to dick head slobs. I picked up filth all three days. Good job on this planed clean up.

IronMtn
06-22-2010, 05:55 AM
A little bit from lots of people can go a long way!

Also, we're serving hot dogs, hamburgers, and some ice cold water at lunch so bring a canteen.

If you know that you'll be there fishing and/or cleaning-up and would just like to have a hot dog or a burger, just let me know today so I can buy enough food for everyone.

Thanks

Frank R. Pisciotta
06-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Roy----Good idea to encourage anglers pick-up their trash while astream; the river needs such care. I'm fond of saying: "If you fish the Truckee area, put your donation $$$ (in this case, hands) where your flies are."

One clarification though. The river clean-up day is sponsored by the new, local TU chapter (I'm the conservation chair). For us local members it is not a fish-out day; we'll be working picking-up trash and consolidating all of it at very specific location into a dumpster or two on the river. I personally will be there, so count me in for a hot-dog or two.

I'm suggesting that you contact the chapter president, Stefan McLeod (530-613-2632)...if you haven't coordinated with him already. That way you'll know what/where/when we're doing and how many of us will attend your event after the clean-up.

Frank R. Pisciotta

PS---thanks for bringing the event to the BB

IronMtn
06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks Frank. Already spoke with Stefan. He'll be joining us at lunch as well to talk to the group about the new "Mile High" chapter.

If you know of anyone else that may show for lunch, please let me know.

Thanks,

J.J.

Frank R. Pisciotta
06-23-2010, 03:41 PM
After I e-noted you I received an inquiry from a repeat client of mine from Australia. He'll be in the States on business and he wanted to go out with me on both Saturday and Sunday.

I'm already booked for Sunday and I mentioned to him that the local waters will be crowded on Saturday because it is a week-end, the BT is finally in shape, your fish-out, kids are out of school...and Green Drakes adults are present (I'm sure you saw my thread on Keine's...notice I didn't say where).

So as of right now ..depending if he wants me to take him out on Saturday...there is a possibility I may not be there for a dog or two. Shall I let you know for sure?...or not of import since it would be 2-6 dogs if I show-up with a couple of people. The publisher of Sierra Fsiherman said he'd like to attend your event also.

How many people do you anticipate on your fish-out?

Frank R. Pisciotta

IronMtn
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
No worries, Frank. If you can make it, that'd be great, but I totally understand if you can't. I'll just plan on you guys coming for lunch, and if you can make it, all the better. If you can't, I'm sure somebody will eat what you don't (probably me).

Thanks for letting me know though, and I'll be sure to put some food in the cooler for the publisher you spoke of. If you (or whomever) wanted to get some coffee with us in the morning, we're all meeting in the Safeway parking lot in Truckee at 8:00 am for a cup or two, and to plan out the day.

Right now we're looking at about 15 people joining us for lunch, and maybe 10 of them will be fishing. We shouldn't crowd up the river too much. Plus, several of us may only fish half-day anyway.

JJ

P.S. They don't call me the drake whisperer for nothin'