PDA

View Full Version : Lake Davis...beware

luckyt
06-18-2010, 06:52 PM
A friend of mine was camping at Grizzly campground while fishing Lake Davis and his truck/camper and one other was broken into during the night and now they are looking to buy new fly rods, reels and gear. The week before he had heard that someone had gone through the campground during the day and stole several generators. I am posting this info in the hopes that it does not happen to others and to warn the crooks that many campers will now be packing looking for them...

michaeln
06-19-2010, 04:37 AM
I had heard from a local up there that the Grizzly state campground (not to be confused with the Grizzly STORE's campground) had numerous burglaries over the Memorial Day weekend.

I really hope someone catches them and beats the crap out of them.

jayclarkflyfishing
06-19-2010, 08:10 AM
With the economy like it is local miscreants will take advantage of unattended fly rods and other high value camping gear(generators).This happened last year as well.Nothing unusual,but still sucks none the less.Be smart with your gear and don't leave it lying around your camp.

By the way,the fishing has started to improve.No damsel action that I have seen but blood midge pupa's are catching fish.

Jay

PS These thieves are likely not reading this board.

michaeln
06-19-2010, 08:28 AM
As a precaution, I keep my gear in the trunk of my car, locked up, and when I retire to the tent for the night I set the car alarm. If the car alarm goes off, the next thing the miscreants will hear is the sound of the action on a 12 gauge pump cycling... surely one of the most frightening sounds a would-be thief could hear in the dark of night.

Specc
06-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Last year I had two rods and a generator stolen in the early morning while we were sleeping. The rods where leaning against the trailer and the generator was about ten feet away.....lock up everything everytime. I guess it would be alot to ask for a Ranger or Sheriff to patrol this area known for theft during the last few years. We camped up there at Grasshopper over this Memorial, and I still have all my gear....I was pretty nervous about it though. Like I said....lock up all your stuff when you leave during the day, and over night.