PDA

View Full Version : Another old fly fisher passes away........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Dave and Janet Brown owned and operated 'Trout Country' fly shop near Burney, CA.

Many enjoyed stopping by and visiting them when up that way and they did have excellent patterns for the local steams and lakes.

They closed the shop a few years ago due to bad health.

Janet passed away a few years ago and now Dave passed away this past week.

They had a wonderful life living up in God's country......with many good friends.

Charlie S
06-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I was at Hereford Ranch when I received the word. Funny thing was I had gone by Dave's house that day to invite him to dinner that night. Wonderful person, great fly fisher and one that will be sorely missed.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Dear Family and Friends,

You may have already heard that my father, Dave Brown, passed away recently.

There will be a memorial gathering to celebrate his life, starting around Noon on July 3, 2010 at the Cassel Volunteer Fire Company Hall in Cassel, California. The hall is near the Cassel post office.

We’ll get together for a few hours to remember Dave for the passionate man he was, share memorable stories and enjoy a pot luck meal.

If you would like to come to the gathering, please reply to this email or leave a message at my home, at (925) 625-4068. We’d like to know how many people to expect.

I know Dad had many friends who are not receiving this email, so please forward it or contact anyone you think would want to know of Dad’s passing, or who might want to attend our gathering. Everyone is welcome.

Thank you all for your words of comfort and for your help during this sad time.

Best regards,

April Lynn