PDA

View Full Version : Siskyou???

Spicytuna1
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
I am heading up there for the fourth for a few days and was wondering if anyone had some input for me. I know there are Brooks, Rainbows, Browns, and Smallmouth. I would imagine in the heat of summer the Smallmouth would be a key target, but who knows.

If anyone has any infromation on this lake I would greatly appreciate it. What area's of the lake are most productive and what types of flies I should be throwing for different species would be great.

Any and all information is always greatly appreciated.

Spicytuna

Rockman
06-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I'll be up there at the same time, I will fish poppers on the north shore road where the flats work into the steeper drop offs. Also, hex do come off in late June and early July. Try the coves at wagon creek (my back yard)& cold creek. I also have done well with bead headed wolly buggers on an int. line by the dam in the evening. When the water gets warm ( which its not at this time due to large runoff taking place, the fish come out of the deep near the box canyon dam and feed in the shallower water in the p.m. Don't attempt to try fishing from shore on the night of the fireworks, its very crowded. Do go to the fireworks show over lake Siskiyou, its awesome.:eek: We will be in our boat watching the show.
Tight Lines
Rockman

JJ
06-17-2010, 10:28 PM
These pictures are from last Saturday on Siskiyou in the evening. Large dries for large trout in the middle of the lake. My son's first fish on a dry fly and out of a float tube! The smallmouth are near the shore and were taking leeches and buggers. Have fun.

Rockman
06-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Those are some nice fish, was the hex hatch happening? If not, care to share a good dry fly. We will be up again next week.
Thanks
Rockman

Spicytuna1
06-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Great fish JJ thanks for the pictures. Thats pretty cool to have fish of that quality to be your first on a dry and float tube. Looks like I have something to look forward to up there. Thank you.

Rockman, we are going ot be staying in the cabins on the west side of the lake I believe and will be in a Reata.

Hope to see you out there. Good luck and thanks for the info.