PDA

View Full Version : The are here

Jay Murakoshi
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I spent a few hours at my local lake looking for carp. I didn't walk to far or have to search a lot. They were in the shallow flats. Some/alot spawning and some mudders. I have never seen so many carp in one place. There was one flat that had at least 200 carp. The water was a little off color and kinda hard to track the fly but you could feel the definite take.. I think I must of farmed 8 big fish had two to the hand.
I'd go out tomorrow but I have to attend my grand daughter's graduation from 8th grade. Let's see, I don't recall having a graduation ceremony when I was an 8th grader. All we got was the report card telling us if we were promoted to the 9th grade. I guess times are different.
Looks like Friday I'll be on the water. I took some underwater video with the GoPro camera. Kind of murky but you can still see the carp

I'll post some video later

Jay

Scott V
06-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Jay I caught my first carp a few weekends ago at the private lake I took you to in Lodi. It hit a small ice dubbed black wiggle tail. I saw a slurp, threw right to it and bam, fish on. Had to be atleast 15 - 20 pounds. What a fun fish to catch, I hope to go back next weekend to try for more. Plus I figured out how to catch the bass out there on the fly. The carp were everywhere and I saw a few that were pushing 4' long, my guess would be atleast 25 pounds.

briansII
06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey Jay,

I've been seeing a lot of carp spawning in the local lake. With the levels higher than usual, there's lots of weedy banks underwater now. The big carp are causing all sorts of commotion along the banks. There could be some mudders, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention to them.....I probably should have, but I didn't have any carp flies with me.

briansII