PDA

View Full Version : 6/12 On the American

Fish Head
06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
We spent all day Saturday on the American with Charlie Gonzales chasing stripers … and when I say all day, I mean all day! A shoulder replacement may be in line after tossing big clousers on a 300g tip for 13.5 hours (or maybe I’m just a wuss?). Charlie is one hard working guide and definitely gives it his all to get you into fish.

We ended up with a couple nice stripers to the boat (3 and 4 #er), a couple other good fish that didn’t see the net, some schoolies, a couple big pikeminnow, and ripped a few shad lips. All in all it was an awesome day on the river, even with relentless 20mph wind all day.

If you’re looking for a great guide and a great day on the American, give Charlie a call.

Thanks again, Charlie! Hope to fish with you again in the future!

Charlie Gonzales
06-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Jay, Adam thanks for a great day! You two really worked hard for your fish. Its hard to imagine thet even with the flows at 8500, that I would still have to push the boat downstream all day, but all in a days work. I look forward to fishing with you guys again.

Jgoding
06-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Yep, it's always a great day on the river with Charlie. Good fishing, good food, and good fun.