PDA

View Full Version : Stripers all summer on Lower American River

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Nor Cal Stiper 'Guru' Andy Guibord took a client out for an evening class on "How to catch Stripers on a fly" last night.

This guy looks pretty happy with a nice 20# Striper on a fly.

Funny that people get so excited about Shad fishing when we have Stripers in there too?

**Call Andy at the shop if you want to schedule a class or guided trip for Stripers fishing on the Lower American River.

916/486-9958 local phone

800/400-0359 USA toll free

916/849-1529 cell

Jgoding
06-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice fish, happy looks like an understatement. I think people like shad because of the eating quality and you can catch a truckload of them at a time. I'm not convinced at the eating quality but people say the roe is hard to pass up with scrambled eggs etc...

Scott V
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Plus the shad are easier to find, atleast for me. I think you really need a boat to get to the stripers.

Mr. Striper
06-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Plus the shad are easier to find, atleast for me. I think you really need a boat to get to the stripers.

It sure helps. Nice fish.

Darian
06-11-2010, 03:20 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!!

OceanSunfish
06-11-2010, 06:05 PM

It's having a boat PLUS having the practical knowledge that Andy, Charlie, et. al. have in positioning the boat as not to spook the fish and provide the caster the proper presentation on the very first cast into a high percentage location. Perhaps these higher flows are allowing less stealthy presentations, but as we all know from fishing the American over the years, you can't flail the water with cast after cast and expect to hook a fish of this quality.

BTW, that's why I only catch small stripers on the American..... <grin>

matt johnson
06-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Thats a huge striper on the fly and a great "fishing" photo. Thanks for sharing Bill!

Andy really is one of the top striper "maestros" practicing in the Valley today.

And I think the coolest thing about Andy's fishing is his willingness to give it all away. All that time he has put on the water to figure things out and all somebody has to do is just come along and ask.... Really nicely done Andy! Matt.

Don Powell
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Right on, Matt!
And that is exactly what makes Andy so special...he tells all of us what you need to do but how many of us actually get out there and do it?
He is a very special, skilled and dedicated individual whose talents are recognized by those who know him... (not to mention the fortunate angler in the picture!)

Ed Wahl
06-11-2010, 10:16 PM
"Nor Cal Stopper 'Guru' Andy Guibord took a client out for an evening class on "How to catch Stripers on a fly" last night. "

Wow! That's some class.

Does every pupil get one of those?

Does Andy teach any other classes? Like picking up chicks or playing the lottery?

That's a beautiful striper, Andy's spent a large part of his life learning how to do that. Definitely paid his dues.

Well done guys.

Ed

Hairstacker
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Outstanding fish, great job! =D&gt;

wjorg
06-12-2010, 08:48 AM
What a mean looking fish! Nice job!!

Charlie Gonzales
06-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Way to go guys, great fish!