PDA

View Full Version : Central Coast Steelhead Poacher

Ned Morris
06-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Saw this posted elsewhere today. Finally someone threw the book at him! $244 million of net worth still couldn't buy his way out of serving some jail time. Kills me the Steelhead in Pajaro River drainage are tilting on the side of endangered and he was pulling this so he could boast wild Steelhead on the menu while having his elite circle over for dinner. Good work DFG! Your long hard work on this case compiled the evidence that nailed this sucker.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi
f=/c/a/2010/05/28/BA1L1DLQTL.DTL#ixzz0qBRvrije

huntindog
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
read it again...the guy is serving his prison time at the same time he is serving his tax evasion time....in other words he is serving NO ADDITIONAL time for the steelhead poaching case. Got off free and clear for that one.

Ned Morris
06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I saw that too however I took from this at least it was documented and put on his record he is convicted poacher and if you know the history behind the story DFG didn't back off on this SOB. Don't look at the glass as always half empty dude, look at it as a positive that they pinned it to this guy. He's still going to jail.

wjorg
06-08-2010, 06:46 PM
The warden hiked up the creek to find his rod w/ bass popper on his portch and the dam on the creek. I remember reading they dug through the trash in front of his SeaCliff pad and found wild Steelhead remnants, I think even DNA matched to the watershed strain, in that trash. They went after him. Im glad they were able to send him to prison for anything, these days. Hey, if OJ got off the first time...