PDA

View Full Version : Secret pond 6/4/10

ted1
06-04-2010, 09:43 PM
This one is gonna stay a secret!
Started off slow...I had to make 3 casts for a 3 lber.
Picked up with 3 2lbers and another 3lber in the next half hour.
Talked to a guy fishing shore, retrieved a few lures for him, saw a fish rise, cast, my Personal best at the time........pushing 4lbs. Next cast, hook one of = size, lost on the 2nd jump.
Get back to my spot, first cast, my first fish in the 5lb range, (Anybody want to buy me a scale?) maxed out my stippin apron at 20+ in.!!
Ended the day with 2 fish @5 ish lbs, 1 @ 4lbs, 6 @ 3lbs, 4 @ 2lbs, one >1lb, and one about 3". Every fish was extremely healthy, and as fat or fatter than anything iv'e caught. Lost only 2 or 3 fish that were decent size.
Most fish on top, the 2 biggest and a few 3 lbers subsurface.
I don't think I'll ever top this.
Don't ask where, I won't tell.
I'll take the camera next time.

Phil Synhorst
06-04-2010, 10:44 PM
You know what they say...."Pics, or it didn't happen".

Just kidding dude. Your report is affirmation that the Bass season is heating up. Congrats on a great day.:thumbsup:

Scott V
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Where were you Ted?

Blueracer
06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
SV you crack me up! Like a kid in a candy shop. Dad in so many words says don't even ask for any candy when you walk into the hardware store but when the candy becomes in eyesight he just can't resist!

So can I be the cousin visiting for the weekend? I see my cousin asking so I must support my good cousins move and say.............yeeeeah Ted, can you pleeease let us know where you were? I really need such a spot. SV has intel on many bass locations but I only have one, which is quite a drive. Will you tell us just this once? I promise to help out with things more the next time we all get out together...pleeeasse? :D

[always got your back SV]

ted1
06-07-2010, 07:56 AM
The pond is North East of Sac. Within 100 Miles. But not too far. Now google every pond in that radius, and find every one with access, and fish them. At least that's how I've found a few nice ones. For every pond I have access to, I've scouted probably 5 more.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-07-2010, 08:36 AM
There are hundreds of "farm ponds" that have not been fished in many years.

The bass are big and very lonely........

I was lucky to fish some of these over my lifetime.

Many are on big ranches and are not fished by anyone.

Sad.......

ted1
06-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Here are a few from last night. Most were 16-18". Any opinions on weights?

Scott V
06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
16 to 18 inches equals about 1 to 1.5 pounds on average.