PDA

View Full Version : Things are better

Jay Murakoshi
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, this week started off slow - for some. We just finished the fourth day of fishing and it has picked up. Today, we had a fantastic skippie bite around 9:ooam. There's also rooster, jacks, lady fish along the island. I was out with Edwin Low and Thom Ritchie and Edwin had a decent size skippie on Tom's rod bent over, big time. I thought this is a HUGE skippie but after watching the tip of the rod, I figured it was a yellow fin. It was going down to the deep and not stopping. After 25 minutes, I saw that Thom was wearing out and was starting to shake. So I told him that we are going to bring the fish in fast, he thought I meant cranking on the reel and he started putting every thing he had left into cranking on the fish. No, we were going to hand line the fish. Got slack in the rod and Jose started hand lining the fish in. 110' of fly line and about 60 yards of backing, we lifted a 23lb Toro in the boat. Now you might be saying to yourself, 23lb toro that should of been easy to land, but Thom is 83 years old.

Yesterday, I was out with Renee Seely and Darian Calhoun from Sacramento. Renee hooked into a decent size rooster right off the launch area and she fought it for a while, on the boga it was 30lbs. She's had a pretty good rod this week, a bunch of other big roosters and other species.

Ann & Eric from Albur (anyway) New Mexico did pretty good today and yesterday. She caught two roosters in front of Muertos Bay 16 and 25lbs. Today the both landed 8 skippies each and going for more tomorrow. What a torture chamber.

I'll post more reports tomorrow or later this week. I'll also have photo's. I have a lot of great video footage that will be on the "new" baja DVD that I will be handing out.

Till next time.. Adios Damn I love this job

Jay

Start thinking about next year, weeks have already started to fill up

lineas tenso
06-03-2010, 04:23 AM
seems to be loaded with roosters! Ms Suerte always has the hot rod and the tastiest flies. I don't know how she does it but it's either a kid or a lady that out fish the gents. :-k

Give my best to Darian & Renee,

Vince

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
If you want to see some beautiful water try to get down there with Jay next spring.

For the money this is one of the best values in Baja.