PDA

View Full Version : Free Sage Casting Analyzer Day @ Kiene's

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Come into Kiene's Fly Shop on Saturday, June 12, 2010 to have your casting analyzed by the Sage "Casting Analyzer".

You don't need anything but maybe sunglasses to have our friend and casting guru John Hogg help you get your casting style/stroke analyzed on the Sage Casting Analyzer.

It is free and we will give you a complete 3 page print out after you do your casting.

Event will be 9am till 11am.

More about the Sage Casting Analyzer:

http://www.sageflyfish.com/casting.php

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-09-2010, 09:27 PM
If you have some free time between 9am and 11am this Saturday morning come by and have your casting professionally analyzed.

We will be offering this monthly if you miss this one.

I believe the Casting Analyzer program was actually developed my the 3M/Scientific Angler company then it was given to the Sage rod company to promote it.

It is a very powerful computer based system that is similar to what they use in the golf industry.

Ed Wahl
06-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Wow, they must have fixed it. I used it once and they couldn't stop it's laughing and swearing. I think I broke it.

Ed

Hairstacker
06-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I actually tried one of those machines once several years ago. It was fascinating to see my casting stroke analyzed. I even learned a detail about my cast that I never noticed before (aside from all the things I was already painfully aware of :lol:) that I could work on. :cool:

Darian
06-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I needed it. Tried out the analyzer today with John Hogg (a great guy incidentally). The outfit used was a 5 weight, Z-Axis rod/line. Casting is done at a distance of approximately 40 feet. The stroke while false casting is what is analyzed. Interesting on a windy day like today. I found that I have many shortcomings for dry fly casting due to my concentration on using shooting heads and salt water line applications.... I just don't false cast much. :confused:

I highly recommend that any of you guys who have the time go over to the shop and have John work with you. It's actually instructive and fun to do. :D

Dean Y.
06-12-2010, 12:40 PM
2nd that, Darian.

I'm fairly new to fly fishing and needed it too... badly :eek:. I also got an informal lesson from John H., who in addition to interpreting the printed report of my casting, took time to point out some of my casting issues while I practiced for a couple of minutes. As a result, I got some specific information to work with to improve my casting. I really got a lot more than the "Casting Analyzer" summary.

Thanks to Kiene's for doing this and thanks again, John!

I needed it. Tried out the analyzer today with John Hogg (a great guy incidentally). The outfit used was a 5 weight, Z-Axis rod/line. Casting is done at a distance of approximately 40 feet. The stroke while false casting is what is analyzed. Interesting on a windy day like today. I found that I have many shortcomings for dry fly casting due to my concentration on using shooting heads and salt water line applications.... I just don't false cast much. :confused:

I highly recommend that any of you guys who have the time go over to the shop and have John work with you. It's actually instructive and fun to do. :D