PDA

View Full Version : Bob Quigley needs some help.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Dear friends of Bob Quigley:

Many of you have expressed the desire to help Bob through his ordeal with prostate cancer and hernia repair. You may or may not know that he lacks health insurance. For those of you who wish to help offset the expenses of Bob's surgeries and medical treatment, a donation account has been set up at Wells Fargo Bank. Checks may be sent to Bob at 1257 Siskiyou Blvd., #368, Ashland, OR 97520, and we can deposit them into the account, or a check can be deposited at any Wells Fargo branch to go into the Bob Quigley Medical Fund.

Many thanks to all of you who have asked how you can help. Rob's surgeries are set for May 27 (tomorrow). We'll send out email updates to apprise everyone of Rob's progress.

Shirley Wentworth
Jill Quigley-Douglas
Margie (Quigley) Mrosla

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Bob Quigley is one of our old friends who has developed lots of great fly patterns like the 'Quigley Cripple'.

Bob is getting old, like many of us, and is going through some hard times.

We are trying to get this message around to a smany people as possible in hopes that some can make a donation to offset some of Bob's medical expenses or have some impact on his future in other ways.

Any small donation will help.

Jay Murakoshi
05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey Bill,

thanks for the note.... I knew bob back in the mid 70's and early 80's when I use to spend my summers up at Camp Shasta (pg&e cabins). I used to tie during my mid morning breaks and evenings for both bob and bob, that's bob quigley and bob brink (past owner of Spring Creek Anglers). I would tie dozens of PT's and Quiley Cripples and still they wouldn't have enough to keep the bins full.

As soon as I get home back Baja, I'll send a check - thanks to the baja clients

Jay

Hibbygibi
05-27-2010, 08:44 PM
I have not heard the name Bob Brink in years.. Last time i saw him was at Art's having a drink and playing some crazy poker game.
I hope that Bill can keep this post at the top so it gets as much attention as possible.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Bob's surgeries went very well! So far, no bruising or swelling. He is sore and on pain meds, but has been able to get up and walk around a bit, but is mostly taking it easy and resting his sore spots. We don't yet know what the followup treatment plan will be. He's feeling much better than he thought he would be.

I've been able to correct several email addresses that I had wrong, but there are still several that are wrong. If any of you know the addresses for Shasta Anglers, JD FlyFishing or RJarvis, please let me know. And please forward the email to others you may know who are also friends of Bob's.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. More later.

Shirley Wentworth

sawentworth77@yahoo.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Latest email about Bob Quigley's physical condition:

Hello to all of you. I know that Bob has talked to many of you, but I'm not sure who all he has talked to. He is doing very well. He went to the hernia doc this week, who told him he has healed up quite well. He went fishing for a couple of days last week, took it slow and felt great. He also saw his urologist several weeks ago, who told him his PSA dropped from 1300 to slightly below 10. The doc was very pleased and told him he didn't have to go back for another 6 months to check his blood and PSA levels unless he starts feeling symptoms. Bob will probably go in at the 3-month marker to be on the safe side. He's very optimistic about everything.

There's a good possibility a fundraiser may be in the works as we don't know what future treatment lies ahead. As always, please forward on to other friends of Bob's who I don't have on the list.

Many thanks again to all of you for your kind concerns and responses.

Shirley Wentworth

sawentworth77@yahoo.com