PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird 565 Portable Fishfinder

michaeln
05-25-2010, 06:14 PM
This is a really cool unit. Has its own 12V SLA battery and charger so it doesn't require any wiring on your vessel. Perfect for float tubes, prams, pontoon boats or other boats that don't have another source of 12V.

It's very easy to use, and has a transducer that attaches with a suction cup. The fishfinder, battery, charger and transducer with wiring all stow in the compact carrying case.

I bought this to use with my pram, but I am selling the pram so I don't need this any more. Current market price for these seems to be around $250, you can buy mine for a lot less, $125.

Come get it in San Francisco. I can take PayPal and I can ship it, but you'd have to pay the shipping.

http://michaelnel.smugmug.com/Boats/Spring-Creek-Hopper-II-Pram/fffront/683783363_kD4oi-X2.jpg

richard.m
05-26-2010, 04:34 AM
email sent on the fishfinder. thanks, richard.m

michaeln
05-26-2010, 07:36 AM
The fishfinder is still for sale.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-26-2010, 07:53 AM
That looks like a good deal and a nice thing to add to a small water craft.....

michaeln
05-26-2010, 08:05 AM
That looks like a good deal and a nice thing to add to a small water craft.....

Yes it is, Bill. Another use for it is ice-fishing. Humminbird sells a lot of them specifically for that purpose. You can just leave the thing in the case while operating it, and there is even a flap in the back for access to the battery so you can charge it without removing it from the case.

A lot of good thinking went into this little fishfinder.

michaeln
05-26-2010, 11:00 AM
The fishfinder has been sold.

Thanks!