PDA

View Full Version : IDLE

Jay Murakoshi
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I've been sitting at the hotel for a couple days doing nothing.. Bored. This week, I didn't have one person on a trip. Actually it's probably for the better. Fishermen's Fleet is have a huge tournament this week. I think like 30 boats launching from Punta Arena. And the rest of the people have moved their boats from Muertos to Punta Arena.
But, I've heard that there are some dorado in the area and the weather is getting warmer.

I'm trying to get some information regarding the Pichilingue area where the mangroves are.
I might check out the area for some snook. Gotta do something besides sitting by the pool
I've been staying up at night working on the new Baja DVD handout and putting together a new Baja power point for club presentations that are coming up

The next group arrives on Saturday

Jay

Scott V
05-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Jay, the shad have still not showed up in numbers yet, so there should be plenty for you when you get back. My first shad and so far only shad of the year was the biggest I have ever caught.

Darian
05-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Jay,.... When you mention mangroves in the Pichilingue area, where do you have in mind :?: I haven't seen anything like an arroyo or estuary in the area we drive through up there when returning from the beach.... :confused:

Gary Bulla's groups used to fish mangroves when kayaking out at one of the Islands north of Cerralvo; Espirito Santo maybe :?: ).... It'd really be interesting to catch some Snook around there. :cool:

Jay Murakoshi
05-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Darian,

We'll have to take a dinner drive to Pichilingue, you'll see all the mangroves and a lot of them in protected coves. I know Bulla's has fished San Jose Island that's a long boat ride.
I was going to go out this morning but I'm glad I didn't the wind came up around 10:30am and it's been white caps all day and the same for yesterday.
Haven't heard any reports regarding the other side of the hill. I might hear something within an hour. I'll post it.

Just working on my tan... the hotel is like "empty". Even the security guard has no one to chase off the beach.

Might go to Rancho Viejo for dinner

Jay