PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 4 options to intro the kid?

mountainboy
05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
I’m looking for places to bring my 4.5 year old to catch some easy trout along hwy 4.
Be headed up there for a few days in mid-June, staying around Dorrington/Camp Connell area. Don’t care if they’re planters, but would love it if they were small and wild and plentiful.
I know the area OK, fished the Stan, Beaver Creek and over to the Carson, but never spent much time on many of the other small streams to really know where a “sure shot” might be. Pacific? Others?
Any suggestions?
BTW, I know this is a fairly asinine question, but since I’ve already brainwashed my daughter to tell between a rainbow, brown and brookie I’d love to get her into a few fish this summer as a next step toward complete indoctrination!
Thanks!
-Glen

Ed Wahl
05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Glen, check your pm's.

Ed

Dan L
05-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Glen,
Forget Pacific Creek, way to high and it is still snowing here in the mountains. Winter needs to leave soon. Shoot me an e-mail a week or so before you come up and I can probably send you in the right direction for the little one to catch something.

Thanks
Dan

Dan L
05-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Dan again .... Glen .... Send the email to....danliechty@comcast.net

mountainboy
05-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks Dan and Ed! I sure thought I was timing things right in mid-June and didn't expect the winter to last this long. with more rain/snow on the horizon I'm wondering when this melt will begin in earnest this year! Thanks for the suggestions/offers and I'll certainly be keeping in touch the closer we get to our time up there.
Best regards,
-Glen