PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report - Sacramento River Stripers

OceanSunfish
05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
What the heck...... I feel as if I should post an actual fishing report for a change, so here it goes.....

First time fishing in 2010. First time fishing since taking a single day trip to the delta in October 2009. Only the third fishing trip taken in the past year.... So, you can see that I'm hardly a threat to anything with gills.....

I fished the Sacramento River one day last week. Started at 5:30AM and was done by noon. Had a great deal of action in the first 4 hours of daylight as I was able to fish a lot of open water before the 'fleet' of minnow drifters ascended the runs I like to the fish..... Boy, that boat traffic really puts the catching down quick and by the number of boaters out, I could tell the catching was pretty good the past few weeks.... I'm sure there are some filled freezers too.

Even with all my rust and slow reflexes, the 'fly' was outcatching everything else by a good ratio on this given day...

As good as the action was, I sensed that the fish had become a little finicky and were spread out as if the spawn had started the night before or was about to commence. A lot of boaters struggled that day, but I was fortunate.

So, there you go. I actually do fish once in a while.

Mrs.Finsallaround
05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
As soon as the Bass N Fly is over, hubby and I will back on the American huntin' for some stripes too! :nod:

Boy, I miss that fight... 8-) And, my pink flies! LOL... :lol:

Thanks for the report OSF!

Darian
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey,.... Good job. Sounds like you had a great day. Keep on fishin'... :nod: :nod: