PDA

View Full Version : N. Fork of the Feather report

Dagee
05-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I fished the Rock Creek section Mon and Tues with fantastic results. I have never hooked so many BIG fish on that section. I assume most were spawners out of the afterbay. On Monday I hooked over 20 and landed about 14. almost every fish was over 15" and fat!!!. Tues the flows came up a bit but I still managed to land 10 fish between 15 and 21 inches. Any mayfly imitation, size 18 - 20 with olive and black worked just fine.

Too bad the flows spiked Tues at noon. They were borderline @ 360 before that.

thepeacockspecial
05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
cool post man. havent been tehre yet, but im usually over in chico during the weekends. maybe ill go give it a shot.. after i get a new rod..

wineslob
05-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Was that below the PH or up near the Power Dam? (I'm thinking of somewhere to go this week)

Scott V
05-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Nice chunky fish, thanks for the report. Congratulations for being at the right place at the right time.

Dagee
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Was that below the PH or up near the Power Dam? (I'm thinking of somewhere to go this week)

I was fishing mostly from the dam down to the power house. But I also caught fish as far down as the rest stop. The flows are still up a bit @ 470 but post a report if you go.

wineslob
05-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Donno if I'll go this weekend, looks like rain and my parents are staying over-night. I thought they were only staying one day. Most likely next weekend I may hit the stretch below Poe bridge or go down to Bardees Bar. Choices, choices........:-D