PDA

View Full Version : Martis 5-13

RenoLipRipper
05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Got there about 7:30am and fished until about 3 p.m.. Calm in am then got a bit breezy, but not to bad. Water temp. varied from about 43 in the shallows to 51-52 closer to the dam.

This is a tough lake. Last year all I caught were sunfish, at least this time I finally caught a brown. Had one other hit but no fish, I was probably dozing. Used two rods at different times. One was a floating line with a leech pattern, mainly for the real shallow areas. The other was a intermediate line, Cortland Camo with at first a two fly setup, point fly a black leech pattern the trailer changed from hairs ear to someother fly, not sure what it was.

Caught the brown of the black leech as only the one fly, about 100-150 yards from the dam.

Was scanning alot of fish in the weed beads. Could have been the pesky sun fish.

Anyway, great day, but not in numbers of fish caught. Might try there again to see if I can have any better luck. There are alot of rivers and other lakes that are much more productive than this fishery.

See pic

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Early season the fish in lakes are hungry and not much is hatching yet so big black leeches usually work.