PDA

View Full Version : DIY Camo Dip Kit

tyflyer
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Here is a neat kit that I found for the DIYer. Not really a fly tying thing, but would work pretty cool for some hunting and fishing gear

www.camodipkit.com

It is a camo dipping kit that you can do at home.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I watched the video and it looked like a magic trick???

I still don't really understand what I saw but it looks wonderful.

tyflyer
05-14-2010, 07:49 AM
It is the same camo dipping process that the big companies use when they camo up gun stocks, or ATV parts. It is just in a smaller size

Charlie S
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
That is a neat process. I saw the technique used at the Hoyt Archery factory, and, although the holders, etc, for the materials to be coated were different, the technique was exactly the same. Thanks a lot for posting that.

Let's hope someone isn't stupid enough to think of dipping their face in the material for hunting season.......there's always one who deserves a flag.

tyflyer
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
That is a neat process. I saw the technique used at the Hoyt Archery factory, and, although the holders, etc, for the materials to be coated were different, the technique was exactly the same. Thanks a lot for posting that.

Let's hope someone isn't stupid enough to think of dipping their face in the material for hunting season.......there's always one who deserves a flag.

good point....

tyflyer
07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Here is a neat kit that I found for the DIYer. Not really a fly tying thing, but would work pretty cool for some hunting and fishing gear

www.camodipkit.com

It is a camo dipping kit that you can do at home.

Anyone have pics?

tyflyer
10-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I watched the video and it looked like a magic trick???

I still don't really understand what I saw but it looks wonderful.

It is a neat process...

tyflyer
10-06-2015, 04:36 PM

I've seen someone recently who did this with Carbon Fiber... They were trying to look like a superhero and they dipped their arms...

tyflyer
04-24-2017, 09:31 AM
They have a new option of a starter kit for only $59.

tyflyer
05-01-2018, 01:49 PM
HAve done several of these and they always work great