PDA

View Full Version : A Great Day

Jay Murakoshi
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
at Cerralvo Island. The fishing definitely picked up from the last couple days. A little bumpy going across for the bait, but once on the other side, it was smooth. The bait is a long ways north on the island. We picked it up around Punta Pilo.. I think that's how you pronounce it or spelling. There were birds diving and frigets swooshing the top of the water picking off the sardina's. The jacks were busting everywhere, big boils, little boils. The group I was with sorta had a slow start, but soon got into the rythmn of casting fast and not airing the line. They hooked a number of jacks and roosters with the largest one tipping the boga at 21lbs and a few in the 12 to 14lb range. Pez Gallo's were big but hey a pez gallo is a pez gallo. We stayed there most of the morning due to the north wind on the outside, which prevented us from checking the buoys. Towards the end of the morning, we headed to the beach for some more roosters and jacks. They weren't disappointed. Found a few small schools of jacks and some roosters.
The other groups faired well also. They had some skippies, roosters, jacks, lady's. We still have to find some schools of dorado. Oh yeah, one boat had a dorado at the beach but lost it
The temperatures are rising and I'm loving it. I'm almost 5 shades of dark however dark that is.

More to report on later

jay

The photo's are coming, I have to find the time to work on them and get them posted.
Maybe Friday or Thursday.... I'm staying back and working on the video
Walking the beach in the morning. There were 5 people on the beach today.

Darian
05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
OK!!!!.... Pez Gallo on the bite. Plenty of Jacks. Should be some Amberjack down deep. We'll be on it. :cool:

I'm really gettin' excited. Can't wait for the 29th.... :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
There are a lot of big pargo hanging around the rocky structures and I'm sure the AJ are on the prowl.
Tomorrow I'm staying back at the hotel to work on the video and hopefully I will be able to post it too vimeo by Friday.
I will be fishing the beaches on Thursday and taking friday to do paper work on the next group.

When I fish the 6 days next week, I hope to try for the Chili Cano's and the big pargo. I found the secret fly.....FPF fly tied by Kate Howe... Thanks to Steve Cali, a baja veteran

Talk to you soon

Jay