PDA

View Full Version : Delta Black Bass....

Darian
05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
My fishin' partner and I took a trip down to the Delta to fish with Captain Kevin Doran, yesterday. it was windy and clear. Warm when you were in direct sunlight but cool in the shade. Evening was chilly. We fished hard until a short break for lunch. My shoulder's a bit sore today. :D

Fishing with Captain Kevin is a real treat. Good conversation and humor. Lots of valuable info/instruction and hands on learning involved. The Captain is business like but a relaxing guy to be around. I tested his first-aid skills by sticking myself in the finger with a fly that had snapped from a snag at a high rate of speed burried itself into the outside of the first finger. The Captain removed it with a mono loop. Relatively painless and I went on fishing. 8)

The bite was good resulting in several hook-ups landed and dropped fish; about equal between smaller and good sized fish. ALL ON TOP. Here's a photo of the best fish of the day caught by my partner:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o31/jockscot/DSCN0416.jpg

BTW, that's a 6 pound plus Black Bass as weighed by the Captain.... \\:D/

If you're looking around for a way to get your Black Bass mojo back, I'd highly recommend booking a trip with Captain Kevin AKA: Delta Adventures.... :fish2:

Kevin, thanks again for a great trip....

Scott V
05-07-2010, 01:50 PM
That is a beautiful fish being held by a beautiful lady. I really wish I could have joined you for that day of fishing Darian. Kevin is definitely one of the greats.

Steve R
05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Darian
I was out with KD on Monday, great fun, great guide. Our fish weren't that big, but we didn't have Renee with us either. Headed for Baja in 12hrs, Jay says there are YFT around, maybe I'll get lucky this time.
Steve

Hairstacker
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Man, that's a gorgeous fish, good for her! Any idea what the water temps were?

Darian
05-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Sorry Mike,.... Don't have the precise water temps. Capt Kevin seemed to think they were on the rise but could cool again once the run-off hits the Delta. :| All of the fish were healthy and had no fin wear. Fun Stuff. :nod:

Steve,.... Good luck to you and Joan down there. Better take a big stick and some heavy lines for the Yellowfin.... Then hang on.... :eek:

Scott,.... Yep!!! You would've had a great time. So, maybe we can plan a trip at another time. It would be fun to fish with you and the Captain on the same boat. :nod:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Beautiful fish Darian.......nice.

lee s.
05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Time spent with KD is always a hoot! ;-)
....lee s.