PDA

View Full Version : Cerralvo Island Report #3

Jay Murakoshi
05-04-2010, 02:45 PM
This morning, the wind was out of the west and it was a pretty stiff wind. bouncy all the way across to the island. the bait was on the north end of the island so it was a long trip to make bait but at least we have bait. The boats from the east cape area are still motoring up to fill the tank.
Boy what a screw up this morning..... I was suppose to fish with one of my captains on Wednesday. I had all my rods rigged, bundled and ready to go. Get to the beach and see my captain with another group. What the H***, I thought I had him this morning
I talked to Efren who set up today with Jonny. In my broken spanglish, I asked him what the heck I thought I told you Jonny for me on Mericoles (wednesday) Si, Hoy es Martes.
Damn, I would of swore today is Wednesday. I could of went riding with one of my boats but decided to stay back and walk the beach of Los Suenos.
I walked from the old "giggling marlin" to La Playa de San Juan. For those who've fished there, that's the corner of the bay. It took an hour an a half and then I fished back. One interested rooster

Well, short story. All boats including the conventional boys didn't fare to well today. My two boats had fish to the boat. One "toro" around 19lbs and another big one lost due to twisted or overlayed backing on the reel. then they had shots at some big roosters but the lady fish beat the rooster to the fly. And another time, a pelican ate the fly right when the rooster was locked in on it. I talked to one of the other guys who was with a conventional guy and he said that he'd landed a 60lb rooster at the beach. I didn't get to excited because there wasn't one photo taken. Heck, if I land a 60lb rooster, I'll fill a 32gb card of the fish. Maybe he did or maybe he didn't.

Anyway, tomorrow is Wednesday and I'm going fishing. I hope to have some chest mounted video of dorado, marlin eating a fly. Or maybe a wahoo would be ok.
I'm also spending most of my day looking for cruising roosters on the beach and Thursday also.

Till tomorrow

Jay

Scott V
05-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Must be a rough life having to walk the beaches looking for roosters.

Katz
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Keep the reports coming, please!!! This is my favorite time of year on this board!!!

Thanks!

Kraig

john
05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
usually takes me a week b4 I lose track of days. Kinda excited? Keep them coming Jay. uff da

Darian
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't have to go to Baja to forget the date/day.... I've been doing it regularly since I retired (10 years ago) but it's sure a lot more fun doing it down there.... :nod:

Jay, you mentioned that the bait is big in another report.... Larger than normal for this time of year????

Hope the fishing gets better soon. Potential showers here again early next week. Then more winds.... :confused:

lineas tenso
05-05-2010, 07:11 AM
stuck on the beach at Punta Arena.:-({|=