PDA

View Full Version : New materials by Jay and Glenn Fair

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Jay and Glenn sold their fly tying materials business of Sierra Stream & Mountain fly shop in Chico, CA a few years ago and retired from that part of the business.

They will both be guiding again at Davis Lake and Eagle Lake this year.

Well, they ran into some new materials and so Glenn Fair is starting over in the materials business with a few new cool items.

They were demonstrating these materials at our Expo this month.

They have 3 new materials in most of the popular colors:

Glenn Fair's new "Spider Flash" which can be use for wrapping or as a super fine flash in tails too.

Glenn Fair's new "Swim Body" is a very active body material

Glenn Fair's new "Swimming Hackle" is a longer material that can be wrapped as a soft hackle on wet flies.

We sold over 100 package of these new material at our Expo, mostly because jay and Glenn were tying flies and putting them into a lighted fish tank for all to see.

The flies they tied looked alive...........

We have them in the shop in all colors.

Jay called today to let me know they would have a video up on the Internet soon of the flies swimming. We will link to that video when it gets up there.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Be sure to come by and check out these new exotic fly tying materials by Jay and Glenn Fair.

We have been selling lots of it already.

Jay Murakoshi
06-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Bill,

I have been using the material for some carp flies and will incorporate the materials when I start tying up some bass flies. It really breathes in the water. Glenn is following in POPS foot steps.

Back to the states in a few hours

Jay