PDA

View Full Version : Float on Elk River, Fernie, BC

RenoLipRipper
04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Last year my new bride rode motorcycles to see her family in Vernon B.C. and tour B.C. on motorcycles, it was great. We floated the Elk River in Fernie, BC. in July. It was a present from her brother, our wedding gift. It was a all dry fly guided trip with Darren of Elk River Guiding Company. It was great.

Almost had a bull trout inhale one of the trout I had on the fly, now that would have been a great story. The bull was huge.

If you ever get up there give them a try.

If you get off the boat, beaware of grizzley bears, they got them there.

jjjewett
04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
What a great river.

My fiancee Meghan and I floated a few years ago. You could see the bulls in the pools and I was ripping huge streamers through them with no luck.

Meghan had a bull eat a small cut she had on. She battled it for a few minutes but it finally broke off. I bet it could have been landed...

RenoLipRipper
05-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Yep, great river, look forward to going there again. Also some great lakes to tube. While we were traveling on motorcycle we stopped by a great looking lake with about 10 float tubes in it. We watched from the cliff, and could see the fish rising all over the lake. Wish I had my tube. Had fly rods, but we had a schedule to keep so no fishing. We have been attempting to recall the lake name, but all we know is the road it was off of. Maybe next time, pack a tube also, would like to but I get teased about all the stuff we already put on my motorcycle.

SHigSpeed
05-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Are those BC cutthroat trout?! What strain would those be?

_SHig

jjjewett
05-02-2010, 10:39 PM
westslope cutthroat.