PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite/Colorado info.

ted1
04-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Trying to plan a few trips around Baja this year, will be backpacking below half dome (heading south) and fishing the merced going east. Anything I should fish nearby? Are there any fish so close to half dome? I'll be there mid June.

2 days after Baja, I'll be heading to Steamboat Springs, Colorado for a week with the GF and friends. I'll be close to the Yampa river (Bear river?), elk creek and fish creek. Seems relatively rural a few miles out of town, but I really have no idea what to expect. I'll have a rental car, and be there early august.

Thanks for any info!

troutbm
04-28-2010, 07:12 PM
The Lyell and Dana forks of the tuolumne has solid small stream fishing. Its near tuolumne meadows.

PatrickM
05-02-2010, 11:46 AM
The Yampa has a good Trico hatch/spinner fall that should be in full swing when you're there. The tailwater section below Stagecoach Resevoir would be a good place to check out if you can get a hall pass from the GF for a morning.
There's plenty of water to fish right in town too. I think there's a bit of an inner tube hatch in the middle of the day during the summer, though.
You could also drive down and fish the Colorado near Kremmling. Should be nice wadeable flows by August. Probably take about an hour from Steamboat, but it's a pretty drive over Rabbit Ears Pass.
There are a couple of fly shops in Steamboat that would be able to give you more info.

ted1
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I'll check these spots out and let you know how I do!