PDA

View Full Version : Ponds in the Bay Area?

loganmike
04-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey Gang,
I am playing Daddy day care for my young boy this summer and need some local ponds to take him to in the baby bjorn and fish for a few hours. I live in the south bay, planters or warm water would work.

If you would rather PM, Please do, I appreciate it fellas.

me

Darian
04-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Seems to me that there was a pond on or near the Stanford campus.... :confused: Just to the south of you are 3 reservoirs that're good for bass/sunnies. Calero, Chesebro and Uvas. Also some ponds in Guadalupe Creek. :nod: On the Coast side there's a small pond called Pinto Lake down south of Soquel. Lots of larger reservoirs in the south and East Bay areas too. Gotta get a map and do some searching.

Good searching and fishing.... :D :D

Jet
04-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Head east out of San Jose toward Mt Hamilton. Grant park had a pond which used to have small bass. There were a few more ponds along the road that were a little more difficult to get access. Lake Elizabeth in Fremont may have some fish but has better play ground.

Good Luck,

Jet

thepeacockspecial
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
you could try lake chabot if you dont mind the hour drive or so. Last i heard, people were pulling out whoppers :(. The lake is just about stocked every week, but then again each time the lake gets stocked, the combat fisherman people come and clean it out. However, it is a very nice recreational lake.