PDA

View Full Version : Why do Lahontans look so, eh, dumb?

SHigSpeed
04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

It's something to do with the eyes... Most trout when you roll them on their side or pick them out of the water tend to look down but these fish seem to be locked lazy eye. Makes 'em look like a fish zombie or something. Add to that the sometimes eely, skinny, snaky look...

Kinda adds to their half-hearted fighting reputation. Good thing they get big or I'd be fishing for smaller, harder fighting 'bows instead.

Durr!!!

Sorry, just had to put that out there...

_SHig

DonCooksey
04-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Interesting point. I had not noticed the eyes, as I have always been taken by the beautiful body colors, but looking back at all of the photos I took of fish caught this time and during my previous Pyramid experience in December, their eyes are all looking pretty much straight out. You are right that other trout like rainbows look around quite a bit. A guide showed me once that they actually followed his shiny forceps as he brought them toward their mouth to remove flies. "What are you going to do with those!", I'm sure they were thinking.

Darian
04-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Gotta tell ya Shig, for a guy dressed like you are in that photo, you might consider that the fish didn't want to look at you.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SHigSpeed
04-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Gotta tell ya Shig, for a guy dressed like you are in that photo, you might consider that the fish didn't want to look at you.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, yeah, you got me... I have delicate skin! (Or I'm a vampire, chicks - my wife included - dig vampires!)

I do love the irridescent purple non-spawning colors on the cutts. Gotta give them that. Spawning colors ain't bad either.

_SHig

Darian
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I sure do like the colors of every type of Trout. We don't get much of a chance to see 'um while they're down deep. In spawning season they really dress it up. :nod: :nod:

SHigSpeed
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I sure do like the colors of every type of Trout. We don't get much of a chance to see 'um while they're down deep. In spawning season they really dress it up. :nod: :nod:

You ought to fish Heenan in the fall some time. You'll get some big "chromers" then. You might luck into some at Red as well!

_SHig