PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain National Park

Jay
04-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Gents! I grew up in Colorado and spent some time in the Park as a kid, usually chasing my camera toting wildlife artist of a mother during the Elk rut. I did some fishing all over the park, but only within dayhike distance, and always in the fall. The longest trip in we have made was into Black Lake, out of the Bear Lake TH.

I am going to be spending 8 days in Estes hanging out with the extended family. Has anyone fished anywhere in the park this early in the season? I am looking for a dayhiking destination, meaning 10 miles or less, roundtrip that I could make without snowshoes and have good fishing, preferably for Cutts.

Anybody have any amazing advice under the conditions?

Thanks guys. Feel free to PM if you would prefer not to publicize.

Jay

Ed Wahl
04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
I hate you.

Ed

Jay
04-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Thats ok bud, I love me enough for both of us.

When you gonna come up the hill again?

Ed Wahl
04-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Talk to me man, how're the bass doing?

Let me know when topwater time hits. Gotta new stick, floats ready to go, got some big assed bugs tied up. All stoked here.

Come late June early July there's a hike in Cutt spot we gotta try.

Biggies.

Uber secret.

Ed

Jay
04-19-2010, 01:02 AM
I havent been to any of the ponds lately, besides the one that kicks out little rats. I'm not doing anything tomorrow. Maybe Ill go check out the other ones. Youre welcome to come if you can.

Im there for the Cutts. Let me know when the time is right.

Jaybinder
04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
St. Peters fly shop in Ft. Collins has a good report. The site is www.stpetes.com