PDA

View Full Version : Out with the girls

charles
04-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Went out with my girls today for a few hours. Hit a couple of ponds for about 5 hours. We even lunch and eat ice cream in transit. Both girls caught some gill and smaller bass and daddy even got into some bigger bass.

The first two picture are of the girls with their best fish. The last two are of the girls and me with two of the three bass that I caught that day. The last bass was caught unintentionally bait fishing. I had just hooked a bluegill and was bringing it in when the bass pounced on it. The bass pulled and pulled. The hook must have ripped out of the bluegills mouth and hooked the bass in the mouth. The whole fight I kept waiting for the bass to spit the bluegill out, I was suprised when I got the bass close enough to see in its mouth that the bluegill was gone. That is a fish that I will remember forever. I catch a bass while fishing for bluegill; with a hooked bluegill! The fly was a size 16 gnat! Anyway it seems that both fish survived the incounter, and I have a cool story, and a great memory of another day fishing with my girls.

Dean sorry I missed you today, hope it went well, didnlt see you PM until I got home.

Ken, great talking to you yesterday at the expo!

Charles

jbird
04-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Awesome!!! Great pictures and cool story.

Paul B.
04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Great post and pictures. Thank you. Paul

Ed Wahl
04-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Dang it! I must have just missed you yesterday Charles. Just too many people to talk to and too much to see it get it all in.

You're doing some A+ dad work there bud. Looks like the girls had a blast.

And that's a mighty nice bass too.

Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
They would probably out fish me.....................with ease.

We want more female fly fishers too Charles.

Your a good dad......

Scott V
04-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Glad to see the kids getting out and enjoying the fishing action. Nice bass you got there, I was at that water a week ago and got the old stinky skunk. Maybe next time I will use bluegills for bait.:D

Hairstacker
04-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Great story Charles and very nice bass! That's really cool you got your girls out there, I hope to do the same very soon. Looks like everyone was having a great time, good for you! :)

k.hanley
04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Charles it was indeed a pleasure bud. Great to see you sharing the legacy. Stay in touch.
Cheers, Ken

pcrader
04-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Charles. Check your PM's. I sent you a message about an upcoming fishing event for kids.

charles
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just love fishing with my kids. I can't wait until they are old enough to go fish the river. I been kicking the idea around about getting a family fishout together. Calling all dads, and moms who love to fish and have kids. Lets all coordinate and meet up some place and just fish with our kids, share ideas, spots that are good for kids and maybe even some food. I have gotten lots of PMs about where to go and hooking up with our kids. Lets just plan to do it. Just throwing it out there.
Thanks,
Charles

P.S.
I am also a teacher as some of you know. I am looking for rewards for my students. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to donate some time and their boat for a reward for some of my students. I would be willing to pay for gas, lunch, even tips for who ever is willing. I am not asking for a hand out, but I can't afford to pay for a guide for myself let alone my students. I am pretty handy with a smoker, and can do a slab or ribs or even a turkey for somone. Even if your not a guide and just want to help me motivate my students, I apprciate it greatly. Thanks ahead of time for considering (even if you can't do it).

I little background on my students. I teach special ed. Most of my students have emotion problems, ADHD, and criminal records and ages range from 12-18. It is my job to turn them around. I know this group of kids may scare poeple. But I will personally vouch for anyone I take in public or let get around my or your property.

Scott V
04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Do cats count as kids? They really like fish!!!

mar
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Charles,
I have a boat and can donate some time. I'm far from being a guide. Count me in as a volunteer if you can use me.

Mar

charles
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Mar,
Thanks, PM me some contact info. Turkey or ribs?...
Charles

Scott,
Bring the cats, wife, you can even bring pyco oz ; > )

Blueracer
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Sweet report Charles! Nice outing with the family! And some real good fish and stories!