PDA

View Full Version : Got Sharks ?

GreggH
04-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I just got these pics from Darren who ties commercialy and is a local here in Sonoma County. I asked him to tie up some shark candy for the SF Bay and Tamales. These turned out killer and I can't frigg'n wait to get into a 4 foot Lepeard on my 9wt. If any of you would like some of these PM me for his contact info. Also, PM me if you would like to join me as my guest. FYI- these are tube flys and hopefully they will slide up the line during the fight. #1 is a spun deer hair & #4 has a foam head for some up top action!!! "HOLLY CRAP DID YOU SEE THAT" : )

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/greggh_fish/519.jpg

Darian
04-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Those flies look like they'll be hot for Sharks. Can't tell if they're orange or red but the flies used for Blues/Makos are colored orange or yellow.

Went Sharkin' out of San Diego last summer and had a great time (even tho I got sea sick :p ). The fly used was very similar in size and shape as yours but orange in color. :cool:

Good luck. Hope you get your Leopard.... :D :D

lee s.
04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Don't forget to carry your general baitfish immi's that you generally toss at stripes and LM's. Those usually filled the boat with blues outside Tomales and Bodega and some Leopards inside the bays for us.
.....lee s.