PDA

View Full Version : Summer Trip

Rifflerat
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
The wife and I are planning a two week trip for late summer. Six of these days will be between southern Colorado and Yellowstone. The South Fork of the Platt will be a destination, as will the Blue, north of Dillon. Any other recommended rivers along the way?

Jaybinder
04-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Dont miss the cut throat fishing in Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park. There are places where you can catch cuts, browns and rainbows. The big Thompson and the Cache Le Poudre are also on the way to Yellowstone. Check out the St. Peters fly shop site for info on the Ft. Collins area. www.st.petes.com

The Odell brewery is also in Ft. Collins, home of the best IPA in the world.

My .02

Rifflerat
04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks Jay!

Jay
04-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Depending upon your route, You might be in REALLY close proximity to the Cimmarron. The tailwater for the first 5ish miles below Eagle Nest Lake are absolutely amazing. I was there last year.

I was born in Durango and lived in the San Luis Valley until I was 18. ALL of the rivers in that area have excellent fishing. I recommend the Conejos and the Rio Grande between South Fork on up the watershed.

As for RMNP, the Big Thompson is a lot of fun, but can get crowded near the access areas.