PDA

View Full Version : California Fly Fisherman Magazine

arbolado
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I have complete sets from 1996 - 2003, missing an issue of 2004 and complete sets of 2005 - 2007, plus I have 5 issues of 1995.

Is there any value for them or should I ship them to the recycler? They are in fair condition. The postman was horrible with them.

Thanks

jjjewett
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Ship them to me!
I would love to read through them.

Frank R. Pisciotta
04-14-2010, 11:03 AM
FYI---I have the complete set of CFF from the beginning. Also, every issue of Fly Fisherman from '69, Fly Rod & Reel, Fly Fishing Journel (originally Fly Fishing the West), North & Southwest Fly Fishing....all from the beginning.

Unfotunately no one wants to offer me the right price:crybaby:...so they'll probably be burned, buried with me or a donation to a conservation group.

Frank R. Pisciotta

k.hanley
04-14-2010, 01:25 PM
A quick note on the CFF collection........
We didn't (and still don't) use metal plates to print the magazine. When an issue gets printed, that's the entire run, no chance to do it again. The original paper plates gets recycled.

If you have an issue you particularly enjoy, I'd suggest keeping it for future reference.

I know there's quite a few folks who would enjoy the reading. Pretty cool to have the historical reference as well.
Cheers, Ken

oldtrout
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Keep or sell them, do not toss out!
If I had the space for them I'd make a very good offer. Alas...

Scott V
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Donate them to a local fly club, the Granite Bay Flycasters "which I am a member" has a great library and it is cool to check out some of the older magazines.