PDA

View Full Version : Sage warranty

jrib
04-11-2010, 09:16 AM
How does Sage's warranty work for a second owner if the first owner sent in the warranty card? And what about Galvan?

k.hanley
04-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Say hey jrib,
Why not try going directly to the company with your question? That way you cut through the public "interpretation & urban myths." No disrespect intended here, I'm just suggesting a way to get the info straight from each individual manufacterer you are interested in. I wish you best with your gear.
Cheers, Ken

jrib
04-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I normally would but doubt they are available on Sunday. was offered a great deal and it may not be available on Monday.

k.hanley
04-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Jrib I get the situation you're faced with. That's a tough one. I don't have any other recommendation in this instance.
Cheers, Ken

LNelson
04-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Most repairs are very reasonably priced. If you have a good deal on a rod you like. Buy it. Most second hand rods are being sold at prices where you can afford to break and pay for two or three repairs before you begin to approach the retail cost of a new rod.

Mumbles
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
I've got some second hand Sage rods and others that were new. I've dropped off two of the second hand rods in person, filled out the repair form and picked them up a week or less later. No shipping fees either way. No charges for the repair work. That is my personal experience. Best of luck.

searuns9
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Jrib,

My experience with Sage's warranty is that it doesn't matter if you are the original owner or not. If you send a rod in via mail, it will cost you $50 for the repair regardless if you sent in a warranty card or not. Back in the day it used to cost just $20, but that was in the 90's. Good luck.

jrib
04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Ok, Thanks fellas.

wilyj
05-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I checked last Fall for a customer and was told by Sage that it's $50 for the original owner and $100 for 2nd hand rods. Hope this helps.

midger
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
They've fixed tips on two rods for me where I was the second (or third, fourth, who knows) owner. Cost was $50 for each and they didn't even ask.

Good luck and hope you got the rod if you wanted it. I wouldn't let the warranty hinder me either way. Just care for your equipment. Actually I wish they didn't offer the lifetime warranties and would thus lower the costs to buy rods--wishful thinking, I know.

Paul B.
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't understand how someone can hope for a new rod warranty when buying a used rod. Makes no sense to me. Paul