PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with experience @ Clearwater Lodge?

Kneedeep
04-07-2010, 08:49 AM
I am entertaining the notion of sending my "better half" here for their Womens
Master FF (beginners)classes. Anyone with firsthand feedback on the classes, accomodations, fishing, etc.?
Thanks.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I think it is a very good operation.

Lots of veteran guides that we recommend work there.

Scott V
04-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I was a river assistant "fishing guide" for Casting For Recovery there last year and it is a real nice place with real nice people. I would like to stay there myself sometime. Until then I get to go back once a year and assist with the Casting For Recovery program.

El Rey
04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
My wife attended the "Casting for Recovery" retreat there in 2007. She came away an avid flyfisher. Has her own rod and equipment now and can't wait for the small Sierra streams to be accessible.

We've each stayed at the Lodge independently, she with CR and me with our son, and we can confirm it is first class operation. We recommend their program highly.

ARichcrook
04-08-2010, 07:31 AM
ALL DAY EVENTS
• 9:00am Beginner Casting - Learn how to master the art of
fly-casting.
• 10:00am Hutch Hutchinson, FFF Master Instructor, 25 year Guide
and Orvis Regional Manager, will help fix your “buddies”
casting problems.
• 10:30am Conway Bowman - will show you the fresh and saltwater
fishing opportunities in the San Diego area.
• 11:30am Bill and Vannessa Downs, managers of northern
California’s premier fly-fishing lodge, The Clearwater
Lodge, will show you the amazing fisheries they guide.
• 12:30pm Roberto Pandolfi, owner of the famous Rio Manso Lodge
in Argentina will tantalize you with his breathtaking lodge
and fisheries.
• 1:30pm Spencer Higa of Falcon’s Ledge Lodge will share secrets
about fishing the Uinta Mountains in Utah.
• 2:30pm Hutch Hutchinson will show you how to improve your
casting from beginners to experts with a 4-station casting
course.
• 3:30pm Casting Competition; Open to all non-industry
(or professional) anglers.

Scott V
04-08-2010, 07:32 AM
My wife attended the "Casting for Recovery" retreat there in 2007. She came away an avid flyfisher. Has her own rod and equipment now and can't wait for the small Sierra streams to be accessible.

We've each stayed at the Lodge independently, she with CR and me with our son, and we can confirm it is first class operation. We recommend their program highly.

I am trying to get my wife to sign up for the Casting For Recovery, I think she might actually do it this year.

Victor Yee
04-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I think that's a very smart move. Lets face it, gals tend to like the process... guys want results. The bonding, the support, the less "aggressive" approach works wonder. They don't need to try and keep up with us guys. My wife went to the old Clearwater Women's program and had the most delightful time with the "gals". It is less intimidating for them than being in a program with mostly guys. The end result is you hope they will appreciate your passion and you have a fishing buddy for life. Money well spent.