PDA

View Full Version : Lots of felt sole boots at close-out prices in small sizes now

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2010, 11:27 PM
We have lots of small felt sole wading boots for 50% off for board members for their wives and kids now.

pgw
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I just got off the phone with Carters Boots in Bozeman (Identified on the Simms website as a vibram streamtread re-sole service for Simms) and their installed complete price for the streamtread soles is $80 with a 3-4 week turn around. They said that they can resole felt soled Simms (I didn't inquire about other brands but they may be able to service them as well) shoes with the streamtread.

So if you have worn felts that need to be replaced or, with Bill (and other dealers) reducing their inventory of felt soled shoes at low prices (say 1/2 price) folks here could buy a new pair of shoes, from Bill at 1/2 price, ship them to Carters, and for a total of $180 (or less) have the latest and greatest to wear on the stream. Last time I was at Bills shop (4/13) he had a bunch of felt Simms left (even in my size, 14).

Paul

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks pgw......good info.